Friday, October 24, 2008

Spending a little time on the computer


DH is sleeping. He is still in some pain, which is to be expected. He is definitely a typical MALE patient- grouchy, whiny and demanding. But, fortunately, the pain meds make him sleep alot of the time.

The PHILLIES last night did not help- they got him totally aggravated. He was yelling at the TV so much that I could not sleep even as worn out as I was. So, I too am very tired again today. The good news is that this should all pass quickly, so I just need to wait it out.

Sitting at the computer, reading or stitching are the only things I can do that don't make any noise to bother him. For right now he is sleeping in the recliner, so I am upstairs at the computer. I've been doing some ordering from Philosophy, the company which makes all the skincare, body care etc products that I use. I found Philosophy about 8-9 years ago (and, NO, I didn't learn about it from Oprah!) and have progressed over that time to using their things almost exclusively.

October is, as pretty much everyone knows, Breast Cancer Awareness month. Philosophy has a number of products from which they donate all the net proceeds to charity. One of them is Shower for the Cure, which supports breast cancer research. SFTC is one of Philosophy's famous "3-in-1" scents- shower gel, shampoo and bubble bath all in one bottle. It is a lovely scent, and my mother and my aunt, both BC survivors, love it. So, it is time to order for Christmas presents. If you want, you can check it out HERE.

OOPS- DH is awake and bellowing- off I go to do my Florence Nightingale imitation.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Thanks for the great tip~