Thursday, November 5, 2009

Feeling the need to get back to my blog
























I've spent most of my time for the last week doing research and writing reports, as well as working on tests, exams and grades. In other words, I've been drowning in work.

My blog has been sadly neglected, and that means I haven't been reading any of the blogs on my sidebar either. Once I get out from under, I am really looking forward to checking in and catching up with all my online friends and boards.

Things are still terrible at school, and working at not only teaching but consoling, supporting and advising the students is really taking a toll. Yesterday was migraine #3 in 3 weeks- I haven't had them this frequently in years. But stress and lack of sleep (I just cannot sleep- all I do is think about the kids) will do that. As expected the fibromyalgia is also out of control, so I'm feeling pretty dreadful physically, along with the emotional trauma that just goes on and on.

So, on to more cheerful topics. After saying I would not get the Creative Memories digital scrapbooking software, my weekend away ended up with me coming home with it anyway. I really like the My Memories Suite software a lot, but the CM offers me some things I also really like, so I splurged and got it and will use both. I tried out the CM Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 last week.

The page above is the result of my very first time playing with the CM software. The picture is so cute I felt it deserved a really cute, bright and cheerful page. I will definitely be spending some time, when I *have* some time, checking out the various sites for learning more about the software, but I am happy that I got it and know I will enjoy using it. I don't know if my pages will ever get any "fancier"- I'm a "clean and simple" scrapper- but I expect to have a LOT of fun playing with both the CM and the MMS.

Nothing much else to report. I'm either at work, or working at the computer, about 18-20 hours a day lately, so there's been little time for playing. Make sure you come back next Saturday- Operation Write Home is having a Blog Hop to honor Veteran's Day, and my blog will be a stop on the hop.

OH- and if you are a Close To My Heart fan, or if you want to try out their wonderful products for the first time, jump on over to my CTMH rep's blog or store- November is CTMH's Stampaganza and you get a free stamp set with every two sets you buy!!! I've been waiting for this!

The upcoming weekend is all about work, so I hope you all have a better weekend than mine!

1 comment:

Etha said...

what an adorable picture!! Great job on your digi scrapping. Curious to learn which software you prefer.
Hugs to you with all the stuff that's going on, we all carry our load don't we :(