Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday stuff













Today is World Cardmaking Day! For all the papercrafters out there, its an excuse to "have" to play with the paper and stamps and such. It's a good time to get started on your Christmas cards. AND.... if you have time today (or anytime!), why not make some cards for Operation Write Home? OWH sends blank handmade cards to troops overseas so they have something NICE to write home on.

Not a cardmaker? Check out their website for other ways you can help this wonderful project!




I am heavily but carefully into FlyLady mode today. We are getting new windows next week and a total clean-out/re-organization of the bedroom is necessary. Lots of things need to be sorted and lots of furniture needs moving. So this is a chance to do a major rescue of the room.

However, I am also still very much in recovery mode. I continue to be under the influence of whatever virus it was that first attacked me 12 days ago so I get tired really easily. I'm long past the contagious stage but not past the "I feel like a wet dishrag" stage.

So, FlyLady's 15 minutes plan is the order of the day. I work for 15 minutes and then rest until I feel like I can do 15 minutes again. Progress is SLOW but it is definitely there.

I am SOOO looking forward to the new windows as an excuse to do some other re-decorating. New windows call for new curtains, and that calls for maybe a new carpet? It'll be NICE!

Don't forget that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Don't forget to use the link on my sidebar to Click to Give!

For the stampers, make sure you check out The Cottage Studio- Belinda Landtroops blog for Clear Artistic Stamps. They not only have a sale going on, but there's also some TERRIFIC blog candy at this POST.

How about the digi-scrappers? There's a Blog Train for free digital supplies going on this week. Some really beautiful papers and elements are available.

I'll be adding sections for supplies and blogs about Digital Scrapbooking to my sidebar soon. I'm still trying out various software programs to see which I like best. There are SOOO many sites out there dedicated to digi-scrapping and I am determined to learn this new skill and use it for my heritage pictures so I can share them with the family.

Well, time to do another 15! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Etha said...

I need many 15 minutes in my day to get ahead here.... ugh!
Mom didn't come to visit this year, so somehow I missed my yearly mom-is-coming-clean-it-all rush ;)