Sunday, September 20, 2009

Catching up on stuff















Here's my first book for the 10 Book Challenge.

I have chosen 4 more so far:
  • Mona Lisa in Camelot by Margaret Leslie Davis
  • The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
  • Inked Up by Terri Thayer
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
The rest I will add to the list on my sidebar as I choose them.



















Not a great picture...sorry. My sidebar needs updating- I am working on motif #3 for the 25 motif tatting challenge. This one I'm doing with one of the Finca #12 variegated threads I got this summer at the quilt shop. I am using my new silver shuttle- and I am probably not going to use it again, except as a pendant. Etha made a comment when I posted the picture of the shuttle that the pick looked "fierce"- well, she was right. If I poke my finger while tatting, which I do frequently, I BLEED! However, I must also admit that I twice so far in this motif have had to un-tat to fix mistakes and I have NEVER found it so easy as with this shuttle- due, again, to the "fierce" pick. So, a conundrum- do I continue to use it in case of mistakes, while risking bleeding?













Operation Write Home (formerly Cards for Heroes) has their new custom stamps available! You can order them from Imagine Stamps or from StampXpress. There are several stamp layouts and designs to choose from- this is the one I ordered. Don't forget- the deadline for Christmas cards is November 1.

Finally, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time trying to decide which digital scrapbooking program to get. I had it narrowed down to three: Creative Memories' Storybook Creator Plus, Lasting Impressions' Memory Mixer and Polaroid's My Memories Suite. However, even though the CM program seems to be the easiest to use, I have to drop that from the list. CM has the program set up so you can only load it on one computer- and since I alternate equally between my desktop at home and my laptop for weekends away, the summer at the shore, etc., it would mean buying the program twice- which, as it is also the most expensive of the 3 programs is out of the question!

My goal is to create a digital album of my precious family heritage pictures. Doing this would allow me to send/give it to all my cousins and then they could keep it on a disc, print it out, whatever they chose. I want it to be a real album, pages with journaling and embellishments. I tried it in Photoshop Elements but I lack the time and patience to master the program.

So, if you have used either of these programs and have an opinion, please let me know- I need to make a decision and I can use all the help and advice I can get.

Time to get started on the laundry, grocery list etc, and then GO EAGLES!!!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi not wanting to muddy the waters, but I just thought I would nmention that I just got an advance copy of My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up. It will be available to the public on October 1 and I am loving it! So easy to use and not only can you do scrapbook and pages, but you can do cards and calendars also. I comes full of papers layputs and a boat load of Stampin' Up images from there stamp sets. Also a bazillion embellishments. You can use other papers and embellishments that you have from other companies and their stuff can be used in other programs as well. The colors they use are the SU colors just like their card stock.
They will also have a printing service set up which guarantees that you will get true SU colors or you can print them out yourself or have another company do it. There is no color guarantee doing this but people are reporting they print out great!
I haven't heard of the other companies programs that you mentioned except for CM's and I like SU's much much more than theirs. You can put SUs on two personal computers. I believe it was $79.95

Shirley said...

I am out of breath just reading what you are up to doing! LOLOL Fun!

Susan said...

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about the Terri Thayer book. I'm currently reading her third quilting mystery, Ocean Waves, and enjoying it. This one doesn't have as much quilting in it as I would like, but it's a good story so far.

Unknown said...

Hi there! I am just taking a quick hop through the bloggerhood and saw the tatting photo! Love the color! It's always fun to see tatting! :)

~TattingChic ♥