Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning....

.... even if it is after noon!

Today may be the most
beautiful day down here yet. I think I'm taking a book and/or tatting out to the back yard today.

After too much activity Sunday and Monday, the foot was screaming at me- so yesterday I sat. I read, I played on the computer, I stitched- but I sat. If I do too much, the foot screams. The leg aches from the weight of the cast. The shoulders complain, loudly, about the stress from the crutches. So, sit I shall.

Someone asked about my tatting. I am using a pattern I found HERE which I've done before- it is a pretty little bookmark. The color similarity between mine and the original is strictly coincidental- I just grabbed one of my favorite spools of DMC variegated perle cotton. One of my personal rules about tatting is "thou shalt not bother thine eyes with tiny thread", so it is a #8 perle. I'll go to size 20, which I especially like in Cebelia, but that #80 is for young eyes or thoroughly advanced tatters, not me.

Part 5 of Aury's sampler is also on the agenda today. Hope your weather is as gorgeous as it is here.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I had a cast in high school and I still remember how that wore me out. I can't even imagine what I would do now. Ha! You take it easy and enjoy my vacation! ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi There! I just came over to say thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!
I hope you heal soon! Your tatted bookmark should look pretty and I look forward to seeing it!