Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Weekend Everyone!


Look at what *I* am going to do tonight!

Cathy St. Clair, who runs Paper Garden Projects is having a stamping/cropping evening tonight for charity. Fortunately, she only lives about 30 miles from me, so this is doable on a Friday night! Her cards are gorgeous and I am really looking forward to taking the class. BIG advantage- if you want the class rather than your own cropping time, you don't need to bring supplies! If you're in the Philadelphia area, you can read more about it on her blog, Paper Garden.

More fun is in store as well! My scrapping friend is going with me to Cathy's event, and then we are going to make attempt #2 at the "weekend wedding scrapping". Back in September, three of us got together at my friend's house to work on re-doing our wedding albums. If you got married in the late 70's- as we did- and did your own album- also, as we did- you likely have one of those "magnetic" albums- and your pictures have all turned yellow and you need to get them OUT of that album! Our pictures have all been removed from danger but now we have a box of pictures instead of wedding albums. And, while boxes of pictures of the kids at Christmas, or Halloween, or that summer vacation three years ago, in a box, is acceptable and understandable, having your wedding album be a box of pictures really doesn't cut it.

In case you don't remember, wedding album weekend #1 was, for me at least, a disaster. I got REALLY sick- so bad that DH and DS had to come take me (and my car) home in the middle of the first night.

So, from after class Friday night until dinnertime on Saturday, we are going to be working on the wedding albums. Scrapping with a friend is always more fun than scrapping alone and this friend is so much fun under any circumstances that I know the next 24 hours are going to be GREAT!

I do have to come home Saturday night, as Sunday is reserved for what Flylady refers to as "crisis cleaning". Getting ready for Thanksgiving has now hit total crunch time, so that will finish off the weekend.

But, for now, I am off to make Christmas cards and HAVE FUN! I hope you do the same!

2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

What awesome Christmas cards!!!

Shirley said...

What a great bunch of cards! Lovely DP too!