Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Taking a break and catching up

It's been a BUSY week since the last time I posted.

MY DB has sold his shore house and settlement is in a few days. While he was away overseas each winter I took care of it, arranged for repairs and maintenance, etc. I also used it a couple times each winter for weekend get-a-ways, and will really miss that. But I am very happy that he and his family are finally back here living in the States- and his kids are really happy about it as well!

My DSIL was here from Wednesday to Sunday morning deciding which things to send to the new house in Indiana and which things to leave behind. My mother and I are doing the final clean-up, clean-out of the house and will be leaving an empty house behind when we go home tomorrow. Yesterday I gave three large bags of assorted items to the local parish thrift shop and donated a whole stack of books to the sale at the local library. Cleaning out drawers and cabinets has taken much of the time as well as sorting "keep", "donate", "toss"- which are familiar to all Flybabies. We did the "Toss" part first and there were 18 large trash bags for the trashmen on Monday. We could never have done it without my WONDERFUL DH who came down at noon on Sunday and worked sooooo hard til it was time for him to go back to the city to work Monday afternoon.

Sunday morning there was a memorial Mass for my uncle and my cousin, both of whom died at this time of year. It was a wonderful morning- there were dozens and dozens of family members and friends at the Mass and everyone went back to my Aunt's house for a great breakfast afterwards. I come from a VERY large family and it was terrific to see so many of my cousins, and their children and grandchildren all together.

I've spent very little time on the computer this last week, but I have discovered a few new (or new to me) blogs. So, check these out:

The Technique Trail

The Artistic Outpost Blog

DRS designs blog

In the Cottage Studio

Finally, if you liked (loved!) the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, check out the other books by the author Fannie Flagg- they are a RIOT! What little reading time I've had the last few days has been spent with "Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man". Good stuff!!!

No comments: