Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beautiful Wednesday!

It's another BEAUTIFUL day!!!! To quote DH- who, I believe, was borrowing a little from TS Eliot- "May is the best month".

I got my Art Impressions catalog today. I did a make-it take-it class with their stamps at the Pennsauken show and fell in love with their watercolor technique. I bought one set of stamps at Pennsauken and want MORE! I tried the technique for the first time this weekend and I am definitely going to be doing a lot more scenery cards with them in the future-after I do some more practicing. For now, since it is MAY and it is GORGEOUS, I think I'll just take my catalog and a nice cold soda, and go sit outside!

Here's a pretty bad scan of my first attempt. The smudge marks that look like fingerprints are actually places where there is a shadow because I used too much water and the paper wrinkled. I WILL get better at this- the potential results are TOO wonderful not to work at it. Anyway, here's the scene:


Enjoy- I'm off to the patio and the sunshine!

3 comments:

L.A. said...

Sorry to have missed you in Pennsauken. I was there on Sunday for an hour or so. Hope your leg is healing well. Did you use Sheetloads of Cards at my birthday scrap? I found the website while I'd never been there before the concept looked very familiar.

Happy Spring!!

Suzanne said...

Wow! For a first attempt I think this is very well done. I can feel the Caribbean breezes blowing.....bring on the Margaritas!

Lee said...

Teresa!!! This scenery is just FANtastic!!! The coloring if gorgeous!!!