Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy Saturday/busy weekend

I'm making progress on a busy day.

Several years ago I stumbled across an Internet site called "Flylady". It's a group/program/support/all kinds of stuff for those of us who are not the world's best housekeepers. I am a PERFECT example of a not-best-housekeeper. Flylady talks about living in "chaos"- "Can't have anyone over syndrome"- and "SHEs"- "sidetracked home executives", and other cute acronyms that really do describe me and so many others. Seems that many of us with messy houses are really perfectionists who, if we can't do it right, don't do it at all. Add to that the fact that many of us are hoarders, many of us are very creative and therefore have houses full of crafty stuff, and most of us take on way too much in life, and you have a real mess.

So, here it is the weekend before Thanksgiving and I need to deal with a house that is a DISASTER!

There are a lot of websites out there for those who seem to get behinder the hurrieder they go. If you share my disability, check out my favorites:



Tonight we (DH and I and maybe a friend) are going to an art auction. This is a new hobby for us, which we discovered on our cruise to Bermuda in August. We still have not hung (or had hung by someone who knows what they are doing) the pieces we bought in August, so we probably won't buy anything, but just going will be fun.
Other than the auction, this is a work weekend. Which I should be getting back to. Which I will do now.

Oh, and just for a little fun, here are the other cards I couldn't post before when the uploader was acting hincky:








2 comments:

Etha said...

Those cards are waaay too cute :) Love the stars haning on the one, just wonderful!
Ahh, my house is always a mess, who the heck cares?!

Lee said...

I love, love the ribbons!!! And isn't Flylady the best!!?? Although I'm in perpetual Baby Step mode!!! LOL