Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tatting Shuttles Made Special!

Isn't this beautiful??? 


It seems there is a new trend spreading, courtesy of the Internet, for decorating your tatting shuttles. This picture comes from Decoromana's blog and the posting includes instructions for her technique for making this pretty shuttle. She used a pretty paper napkin.


At the A Happy Bluebird blog, there are some more examples of "blinged out" shuttles. Bluebird used fabric for her fancy shuttles.


You can also see a pretty shuttle at Lace-lovin Librarian's blog;  her material of choice was scrapbook paper.


I have no idea when I will have the time to attempt this, but I am definitely going to be doing this to all my clover shuttles- I LOVE the clover from a functional standpoint- it is my favorite kind of shuttle by far- but most of mine are that whitish, tannish, BORING color. THIS will make my shuttles soooo much more fun to use!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Yup...if I did this I too would have to decorate them! Love it!
Denise

Celticlady's Reviews said...

Hi
I can't tat, tried to learn many years ago...but I do have a book for you just sitting with your name on it and all I need is your address...Georgette Heyer's Regency World.
Congrats!!!
momkelly2003(at)yahoo(dot)com

Shirley said...

How totally lovely and a tatting shuttle too!

Willnnabel said...

You will have lots of fun making your shuttles "your own"...