Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010- here we go!


It is a New Year!

Christmas was very nice and then we were off to Florida for a few days of warm weather and visiting with Auntie. We had a great time!

Now we're back home, the weather is TERRIBLE cold, and school starts back tomorrow morning. :(

I joined the 365 Project, and will attempt to take a picture every day and record the mundane and small details of life for a year. (That is, if I stick with it, if I remember every day, etc., lol!) It sounds interesting and fun. Above is a picture of our tree with the presents still all under it- we don't take it down until at least after the Epiphany. I like the idea of celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas rather than doing Christmas during Advent and then taking everything down on the 26th like I see so many people do.

I will put my picture from New Year's in Florida in my 365 album for January 1, but there will not be a picture from January 2nd- we were on the road and it was a killer day: 14 hours from Tampa to North Carolina due to horrific traffic! So, already I am down to 364, lol! January 3rd and already the year is a failure! (Just kidding!)

I'm dreading returning to school tomorrow, but hope that these last fews months will have some wonderful memories.

Here's to a 2010 that will be better than 2009, for everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the 365 day project in 2008...so glad i did now as it was the year that I spent nine months with my Dad before he died. Such great memories in that little book!

I did not do it this past year...although i "started" it...but I am doing it again this year...so far so good!
Good luck with it...
and my thoughts are with you as you return to school.
Dancingly, denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

sue said...

You are such a fun lady....I love reading your blog because I am usually smiling as I read it. The 365 day project sounds wonderful and I will check back to see what's new a little later on. Happy New Year!!

Susan