Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life is like this....
























....pretty much a roller coaster these days.

The general situation at school continues unchanged- sadness, frustration, anxiety, anger and fear. Not knowing what is going on or what is going to happen is making everyone edgy. Children need to choose new schools, staff (maintenance, cafeteria, secretarial and support) need to find new jobs and teachers won't know until June or later if we will have a job at another school in the system.

On the other hand, there are the PHILLIES!!

GO PHILLIES!!!!

I'd decided quite a while ago that a Kindle was going to be my Christmas list for this year. With the overwhelming number of books we already own, and the need to downsize looming, it seemed the perfect idea. I "practiced" to see if I would like it by downloading the Kindle app and one book onto my iphone and I actually found I enjoyed reading that way. Not MORE than from a "real" book, but I was just as happy perusing the words and stories as from a real book. (Yes, you can use your iphone as a Kindle but with the battery life comparisons- iphone is only good for a couple hours when using the screen full time- not really a practical alternative for an avid reader like me.) Today my always tech-savvy DS warned me NOT to ask DH for a Kindle as I definitely wanted the new Barnes & Noble Nook instead. Just a little research convinced me that, as usual about anything like this, (he was the one who insisted I "wanted" an iphone- and he was totally right about that, once I had one!), he is right! So, now my Christmas list is a Nook!

More on the happy side, I am leaving for a scrapbooking/papercrafting weekend on Friday with a terrific bunch of friends. We always have a wonderful time together and I am SOOOOO looking forward to it.

On the stress side, however, the Phils play tonight, I am out most of tomorrow afternoon and evening taking Mom to an event she really wants to attend, and I am TOTALLY not ready. Gotta do laundry, gotta pack clothes, etc., gotta pack all my necessary tools and supplies, gotta clean out the car trunk to make room for all the stuff, gotta make a grocery store run for snacks and goodies, gotta load the car, and gotta do all this before bed tomorrow night while working tomorrow day! ACK!!!!!

Guess I should go do something, huh?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are making me chuckle with your last comment. My thoughts are with you all on the other. Have a totally wonderful weekend!!!