Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And I thought LAST week had issues!!


The "Doctor's Bookmark" may have to be re-named Georgia, in honor of where I was waiting when I finished it. (Not ironed, and not ribboned, but done tatting.)

So, somewhere just south of Savannah, on I-95, at 7:30 last night, was where the car- with only 21,000 miles on it!!!- decided it would be a fun place to break down!

I'm sitting in a lovely hotel, with Auntie and the dog, waiting to hear from the dealership in Savannah that it is fixed and ready for us to continue our trip. AND, to what do I owe the fact that we are cool and comfortable? My iphone!!!

That thing is AMAZING!!! I took care of everything, EASILY, just sitting in the car. I no longer care HOW much the phone cost or what it costs monthly to operate, the Iphone is FABULOUS!! Last night it made what could have been terribly difficult, really quite easy. I arranged roadside assistance and a tow, talked to the dealership where GM was sending the car, and found a hotel that would accept the puppy and close enough to limp the car to, all by just pushing little words and icons on the phone screen!

So, the bookmark is finished and I'm going to play with some motifs while we wait. Hopefully, the wait will not be too long.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Glad you are okay and comfy!
Dancingly, Denise