Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've got time to report


It's been a little busy around here but not enough.

I'm still feeling tired and not getting nearly as much as I want done each day. So, today I bought a copybook to make lists and prioritize what I really need to do and when I need to do it. Somehow making lists always makes me feel better and like I've accomplished something- at least I know what I need to do in some order.

This picture is a blog award that I got weeks ago from my dear friend Etha.

There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows:

1) I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link.

Thanks so much Etha! You know I love your blog- it is listed on my side bar as my favorite!

2) I must list 10 honest things about myself.

  1. I'm not as healthy and strong as I pretend to be and while it is a good thing to put up a good front I really need to stop pretending to myself.
  2. Right now I totally do not want to go back to my job in September.
  3. My house is a mess because I really have a problem with throwing away/giving away/getting rid of things.
  4. I am completely excited about going to Disney World next week but I cannot seem to get going on getting ready.
  5. I'm vain about the fact that I have never looked my age but in the last year my age has really caught up to my face and that is depressing.
  6. I love, love, love reading authors who not only can tell a story but really know how to use words. Read Rex Stout and you will understand.
  7. I am so grateful to Bev for getting me to the Stitching Festival last year and getting me back to wanting to stitch.
  8. I really, REALLY want a Kindle and I'm very tempted to spend a special check I got on that rather than saving it for Disney World.
  9. I wish all my friends would read my blog and let that make up for the fact that I do NOT telephone or write them nearly as often as I know I should. I am not good at simple friendship maintenance and that really bothers me!
  10. I have the most wonderful DH who totally spoils me far more than I could ever deserve, and I am selfish enough to let him do it!
Well, that was completely honest and WOW do I need to do some work on ME!

Now I am supposed to pass this blog award to 5 other people, so here they are:

  1. Bridgett: my wonderful The Angel Company "angel" and friend; she has an inspiring blog that really reflects her generous soul.
  2. Denise: her blog has made me feel that we are friends and is a delight to read everytime she posts.
  3. Allison: her mixture of stamping info and family fun makes her blog something I totally enjoy.
  4. Anna: her blog title will show you that honest is completely how she posts and lives.
  5. Susan: a writer who shares her talent with words and her sense of humor with me everytime I go to her blog.
That's enough for tonight. I have to do more lists in the copybook and then, if my eyes will allow, maybe put a few more stitches in Aury's sampler!

3 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

Aww! Thank you so much for that award! It really is super sweet and I am so honored! I will be sure to share it on my blog Thursday and I will pass it on!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I am so behind in my tags...one day, I hope! Ha ha! Enjoy Disney World (I haven't been since I was 11!).

Etha said...

hehe, so sweet and so honest :)
You know only you yourself can change what isn't top notch in your life (like having to go back to THAT JOB!!) heck it stresses ME out just thinking about that YOU will have to go back, ugh....

hope you have fun at disney :)
send a card ;) hint hint LOL