Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Afternoon


If you have been reading here for any time, you know the last month has been hectic, to say the least.

A while back I posted about shopping online for socks and such- boring, I know, but that's me. The post was about how I try to have a month's worth of "basics" so that I don't have to worry about running out when I get busy.

One of the several items I make sure to have plenty of, like socks, is "lingerie" to put it delicately, or plain old undies.

This picture (my undies drawer) will show you clearly why I am doing many loads of laundry today and why the "whites" is the first load I did, lol!

Mom is home and doing really well! Thanks so much for all the kind thoughts and prayers. I know they made a difference!



The amaryllis is also doing really well! It will be months before there is a flower, but the stalk is growing quickly and looks really healthy.

I have had no time to stitch or craft so there is nothing new to show in that area. About the only goal for the weekend- other than about 7 loads of laundry!- is to make a dent in marking and grading the 70 anatomy & physiology tests I gave Thursday, and the 35 Physics tests I gave Friday.

I have done some online reading and there is some crafty news to share. Cornish Heritage Farms'contract with Sandra Kuck has ended and those stamps will only be available through tomorrow. They are really gorgeous stamps- I have several and LOVE them- so check them out HERE before they are gone.

The "recipe" ingredients have been posted at Cindy's Blog for the Sweet Treat Valentine challenge. It is not too late to join and I have been hearing hints that the prize will be really good. Also, if you are in the Philly area, Cindy is having a Close To My Heart Open House at the end of the month- she'll be doing short classes in various techniques as well as showing off the newest things from CTMH. There is a special stamp set available this month for CTMH's anniversary and it looks terrific- can't wait to get it!

SplitCoastStampers is the Cadillac of stamping sites but has been joined in recent months by two new sites for stamping and papercrafting information, Papercraft Planet and Paper Therapy. Both are designed to look a lot like Facebook, so if you know Facebook, you'll find it easy to manouver around them. I have joined The Angel Company and the Close To My Heart groups at PT, and a whole bunch of groups from stamp companies I like (mostly the ones on my sidebar) at PCP.

As things (hopefully) finally settle down around here- my cold disappears completely at last (not there yet but getting close), Mom gets back on her feet and becomes independent again, and school settles into a routine (a tough routine due to my large classes this semester but a routine none the less), I should be able to get back to work on the beautiful Beatrix Potter sampler, make a few cards, do some scrapbooking and, most important, get back on the FlyLady wagon. (I am currently so far OFF the wagon that it is about 6 counties over and I long ago lost sight of it, lol!). I am looking forward to all that falling into place. Until then, well, it's time to go reboot the laundry.

No comments: