Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer is Over

So, how many of us are celebrating Labor Day? This picture, which I love, is from Labor Day 1940 at the Jersey shore. One of those girls about to start in the stilt-walking race is my mother!

It's not quite such a celebratory day around here. I have to iron something to wear to school tomorrow- something appropriate for school AND appropriate for the predicted temperature of 93°! (Our school only has AC in the administrative offices- and my classroom is on the 3rd floor under a black tar roof.) I have to pack up my schoolbag, make sure I have my school keys. I have to pack up the plants for my classroon and all the many things I bought over the summer for this year's craft club activities. I also have to pack up all the videos I bought for the kids to watch after school- I got a bunch of movies and the wonderful Pride and Prejudice mini-series, the Colin Firth one, of course!

I'm very late starting out today as I was at the hospital until very late last night- or early this morning, to be more accurate. My post-op Auntie sounded so bad on the phone last night that DH and I went over there and promptly called 911. I am so glad that she agreed to go to the hospital; she is doing much better already.

If I have any crafting time today- doubtful, but possible- I think I may finally try out ATCs. If you have never heard of them, it means Artist Trading Cards. They are tiny pieces of personal art, sized 2.5 x 3.5 inches. You can see a sample and read about them at Etha's blog and find a link to the ATC challenge this week at DRSDesigns.

Time to go work on getting ready for tomorrow, do some work on the Houseworks Holiday Plan, and hopefully sit outside for a while and enjoy the incredibly beautiful weather here for the last day of summer.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

First of all...that picture is just precious!! you are lucky to have it! Good luck with the new school year! and thanks again for that houseworks holiday plan! I have sent it on to many!!! :)