Thursday, August 21, 2008

Off to Florida!


Well, tomorrow I am off to visit Auntie!

This is a picture I took of her a few years ago when we visited Ca D'Zan- the waterfront winter home of John and Mabel Ringling. It's pretty spectacular, huh? Actually this is a picture of the Art museum they built about 100 yards from the house.







This is the house. Also pretty spectacular, huh?






I don't think there'll be a lot of sightseeing this trip. Between my leg braces and her broken arm....
Yes, I am going to Florida to spend time with Auntie- and be her chaffeur for a week. I am totallly looking forward to it- we will have a great time spending that much time together.

I have loaded my laptop with hundreds of pictures and several digi-scrapping programs and kits. I was only going to take the quilt top but that really tiny detail stuff may be too much for my eyes for hours at a time, so I wanted an alternative. I haven't tried any digi-scrapping yet, so this will be a good time to decide if I like it. I also have two books in my carry-on and several somewhere between the Amazon warehouse and Auntie's.

Our local Flybaby group is starting a Book Club, so one of the books will be "Ladies of Liberty: The Women Who Shaped Our Nation" by Cokie Roberts. I'll report back on it in a few weeks- after I've read it and also heard what the others think.

I'll be online so I'll be checking out all my blogs while I'm away. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Sounds like a fun and special visit!!! I hope you get to avoid the nasty weather and truly enjoy your trip!!! When you said you were off to Florida.......instantly my mind went to that I Love Lucy episode where she and Ethel shared a ride to Florida with a lady they thought was an axe-murderer!!! LOL Sorry.......I watch way toooo much TVLand!!! LOL