Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One last post for today

Come Saturday I have to move out of my wonderful little house- our rental time is up. This year, for the last time, I will be moving to my brother's to help get it ready for settlement.

There will be a lot of work to do and there is NO sense in keeping a lot of stuff around while we are cleaning OUT the house. But I really wanted to be able to do *some* playing. So, I got one of my ideas. If I stamp a lot of images, I will only need to keep coloring materials. And, since I stamped on cardstock, that limits even more.

So, I stamped a whole bunch of images that are good for watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons and pastels. Now I can send everything home with DS and DH when they return to the city on Monday and only keep my pencils, crayons, pastels and a couple water brushes. I won't be making any cards, but I'll have dozens of images when I get home.


So, here's the mess- papers all over the bed, plus stamps waiting to be cleaned.
I'll also keep the quilt top that I have not touched yet this summer- having too much fun with my stamping and my Silhouette so far. The quilt top is easy- it's a mini quilt and fits in a cosmetics bag.


OK- off to read and then bed.

5 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

What a great idea. Good luck with getting the house ready.

Lee said...

I love travelling with at least something stamp-related to do!! LOL Coloring is a wonderful time for relaxation too!

Christi Flores said...

This is a great idea! Good luck with everything!

Suzanne said...

Hi,
I have been really bad about keeping up with my BLOG reading this summer. This evening I am doing some major catching up and boy is it a fun time. You have been really busy. I loved reading all that you have shared here while you've been at the little house at the beach. I really like that you are taking this time to learn and perfect some techniques. Great job and keep sharing!

Etha said...

oh my, time is over already?? I thought you'd be staying the whole summer! You barely just started! Good idea with preparing some images, that should be great coloring fun :)