In case you couldn't tell, I was a zombie on Monday. Yesterday I got energetic and used a lot of the time to run errands- Post Office, library, groceries. Then I worked a bit on the class I'm doing for my Silhouette. It comes from Scrap Savvy, a site for many of the different electronic cutters out there. I am definitely becoming more comfortable using my Silhouette through the various assignments, but I am also being reminded why I would not want to be a "real" student again. Homework=YUCK!
Part of today was spent on the phone making some of the arrangements necessary before settlement on my DB's house down here at the shore. I also FINALLY finished the first Monday challenge card for the FanClub Anniversary at SplitCoastStampers. There are either two or three challenges each day and I am DETERMINED to do all of them before the deadline. (We'll see about that, lol!)
The challenge was to use vellum- and for me that was a BIG challenge. I'd never used it before and I had limited supplies down here. How to hide the adhesive was the biggest issue from the start- so I came up with the frame idea. I made the frame with the Silhouette, combining a scalloped rectangle with a rounded corner rectangle and adjusting their sizes. It worked out terrific, I think. Then I color dusted the frame, and color dusted a plain piece of paper with the same colors but a lot more intensity, using stamp pads in color similar to those in the image. The flower image is from Stamps in Motion and the sentiment is Hero Arts. Assembly consisted of layering the darkly dusted paper, the vellum, the stamped image and the frame, then putting the whole thing on a card. It doesn't show well in the picture but the colors are soft and very pretty. Oh, and one of these days, SOON, I will be posting a thread on why I LOVE the Stamp-a-ma-jig; I could not have finished this card without it.
More later, I hope! :)