Friday, June 13, 2008

AAAAHHHHHH- vacation

It is so nice to know that I will not be setting foot into the building until September.

I spent a silly day just reading and playing on the computer- and keeping my leg up. It's been really hurting and yesterday after PT it was swollen and warm- which is NOT good. So I took it totally easy today.

I discovered that I was very wise when I chose which childhood dolls (Shirley Temple and a Saucy Walker) not to allow my mother to throw/give away. Drifting around ebay and the 'net I learned that both of them are VERY valuable. Now, if I have kept them this long, I'm not about to give them up now, but it's still nice to know that they are worth a lot.

Some of my other activities today included cutting out the Family is Forever stamp set from The Angel Company (TAC). It is a great collection of sentiments that will really boost the pages in my heritage album. I didthis while watching some of the US Open with DH.

I also cleaned out my jewelry box. Picked about 4 things to give to my niece and put a bunch more things in a box to go to charity. I know I won't wear any of these again. I also polished up a bunch of my silver, especially some for the trip to WDW next week.

Now it is time to watch Dr. Who, and then, if I am still awake, go on safari! It has been a LONG time since I've been able to see a game drive- hope I can make it tonight.

Yes, vacation! I've earned it this year, for SURE!

3 comments:

Etha said...

nice :) I hope you enjoy your vacation and that the stupid leg gets better soon!

Lee said...

Oh yeah.........I have been away from the Safaris for too long myself!!! And my hubby and kids just watched Dr. Who while I was stamping!! Congrats on your summer vacation and I hope you truly just relax and enjoy it!!

Suzanne said...

Please do take care of that leg. Swollen and warm does not sound good. I look forward to seeing some wonderful pics from your safari's.