Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Late night= quick post

Just a quick check-in. I got to skip PT today because my physical therapist is sick.

I got a big package today from The Angel Company. The stamps looks really nice but I haven't cut them up yet, so I will have to report on how they work later. I also got a big box from Creating Keepsakes- they have several books on sale and I ordered a bunch to take into school for the kids to use for reference.

The folks at school who are usually giving me a hard time did me a big favor this week. Every year I take the kids to a local amusement park for a field trip called "Physics Day". The whole park is full of Physics students and a local university sends its physics department to the park to help the kids do experiments based on the rides. Its a great day for the kids- they really learn a lot of practical applications of the theory they have been doing in class. They also have a super good time and it is one of the highlights of senior year. My kids have been looking forward to it all year. I was going to do this because its what is best for the kids, even though I was terrified at the idea of a 12 hour day with the crutches and the bad legs. The park is quite hilly terrain and I was really taking a risk agreeing to go- but the kids come first so of course I was going to do it. Well, just the other day, the admin notified my that the trip was "disapproved", so there will be no trip. The kids are heartbroken and I am terribly disappointed for them. It's really sad that they are not going to be allowed to do this- it's a wonderful experience that previous classes really treasured. The only good news in all of this is that I am saved from all the risks involved in the day. So, like I said, whether they meant to or not, the folks at school are actually punishing my kids, but doing me a big favor. Weird how things work out, isn't it?

I have to remember to bring home and scan some of the Mother's Day cards that the craft club kids are making- they are really beautiful.

Its way past my bedtime so I am outta here. Here's another of the "backgrounder blitz" cards I made last weekend:


The backgrounder is CHF and the reverse image flower stamp is Close to my Heart.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Gorgeous card Teresa! I love the colors and the bg is just wonderful!! I sure hope the rest of this school year can fly by for you so you can get a well-deserved break from those awful adults at school!!!

Beth said...

It does sound like a really cool day for the kids, but not for you. I'm glad you are saved from having to put yourself in that situation.
Another wonderful card-the reverse floral image is quite fun! I like the single color look, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Well, I AM glad for the sake of YOUR health, but I know that trip is a blast- my kids (my OWN) kids went a few years back. What was the reason they disapproved it??????