Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Wanamaker Christmas


Tomorrow I am going to see the Wanamaker's Light Show. Yes, I know, Macy's...but it will always be the Wanamaker show to me. 

I hear it is different. Someone said they got rid of the dancing fountains- I sure hope not, I loved them. I know that the magnificent voice of John Facenda has been replaced by Julie Andrews- who has a lovely voice, but is not the iconic voice in Philadelphia. And, I hear it has been shortened. Oh well, we all know nothing is ever as good as it used to be.

I am going with a former student to "do" the Christmas thing downtown. The Light Show, the Dickens Village, and lunch at the Reading Terminal Market. I would prefer lunch in the Crystal Tea Room on the 9th floor of Wanamaker's, but alas, that is also a thing of the past. 

But, it will still be fun. We will start at the Eagle, of course, the most famous "meet me at" in Philadelphia.

I am looking forward to a trip down memory lane, and the view through the eyes of a much younger generation. 


No comments: