Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am sitting here, when I should be in bed- tomorrow will be a long day! But I am happy to be able to report that I expect it to be a nice day.

The house is not ready, but is close enough that it won't be stressful to get there. The turkey is defrosted and the brine is ready for very early tomorrow morning. The Showtime Rotisserie is ready to give us a great tasting turkey in a very fast cooking time. I'm very much looking forward to dinner and tomorrow evening.



I had a wonderful time this morning. It was "Spirit Day" at Little Flower, and I went back for a visit. The girls are so cute and friendly, and the adults were all very welcoming. I was very blessed to end up there when they closed my beloved Cardinal Dougherty. I still miss Dougherty, literally every day, and I don't know if I will ever completely give up the anger for the fools who closed us, but at least I went to a warm and welcoming place when we had to leave CD. I was reminded, forcibly, of how much I miss teaching and the daily interactions with kids, but a few trips up and down between classrooms, offices and the auditorium, and I was also reminded just as strongly why I can't teach anymore. 

The miserable weather is also making me long to be back in Florida- I am just so not liking winter anymore. But, it is down to a little more than 4 weeks until I can go back and I need the time to sort and pack, and determine what goes there, what stays here permanently, and what goes when there is more room in the car than will be available this trip.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!







No comments: